The larger Royal Berkey Water Filter system is ideal for home use, larger families, multiple families and groups. It's designed for 4 to 26 people and is well suited for emergency situations. It has a 3 gallon storage capacity and produces from 4 to 8 gallons of purified water per hour depending on how many filters are in use.
- This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be substandard at best.
- The Royal Berkey system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes.
- Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury.
- This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs.
Like all of our water filter systems the Royal Berkey has a unique design.
- Each Berkey Water Filtration System is comprised of two chambers. The upper chamber where the filters are located, and the lower chamber where the purified water is stored. Water is poured into the upper chamber. Gravity then draws this water through the exclusive purification elements (filters) where contaminates are captured. The purified water then collects and is stored in the lower chamber where it can be drawn through the spigot.:
- The upper container of the larger sized Royal stores inside the lower storage container, making it compact enough to offer some portability.
- When nested for storage or travel the Royal will fit inside its original box that has dimensions of only 10"x10"x16".
- While not as small as the units designed just for travel this is still a small enough package to easily fit in the trunk of a car, your closet, larger kitchen cabinets or a large suitcase.
- Has the ability to hold up to 4 Black Berkey purification filters
- With its higher water pressure producing height, this model can produce up to 8 gallons of purified water per hour.
- A complete stand-alone gravity filter system. Requires no electricity. Does not need to be hooked up to your plumbing system.
Additional Features and Specifications:
- 3 gallon storage capacity
- 9.5"D x 24"H
- 8 lbs. empty
- The high quality stainless steel container provides an easy to clean surface that does not allow contaminants to permeate the container.
- The ultra-hard smooth construction offers the benefits of resisting stubborn lime and water scale buildup, making it much easier to maintain than filter housings made of other materials.
- Easy flow spigot
- Complete assembly and maintenance instructions.
- Assembly requires no tools or special knowledge and takes only minutes
- Comes with a purchase option of 2 or 4 Black Berkey Elements (Filters)
- Each Black Berkey Element (Filter) is good for 3000 gallons of purified water.
- Also Compatible with the Berkey PF-2 Fluoride Filters
We are currently offering two purchase options:
1) $283.00 The Royal Berkey with 2 Black Purification Elements (Filters): Designed for up to 13 people. Produces 4 gallons of purified water an hour.
2) $383.00 The Royal Berkey with 4 Black Purification Elements (Filters): Designed for up to 26 people. Produces 8 gallons of purified water an hour.
Note: Not yet available in California or Iowa
Have a question? Don't hesitate to call. We love hearing from you. (800) 600-3500.